Welcome to the Alliance Hospice Media Page
This page is under construction as we develop content specifically for members of the media. For media enquiries, please call Executive Director Rick Firth at 416-385-8885 ext. 24 or Pat Mills, Community Development Officer at 416-385-8885 ext. 25
Alliance Hospice has deep roots in our community. Serving the people of Toronto since 1989, Alliance Hospice provides compassionate hospice palliative care. Alliance was born of the merger of Bayview Community Hospice, founded in 1988, to serve people in North York, and CommunityCARE Home Hospice, founded in 1990, to serve people with HIV/AIDS throughout the City of Toronto.
Alliance Hospice is a volunteer based organization, governed by a volunteer Board of Directors. We have a small professional staff of six, augmented by social work interns and professional psychologists, and a volunteer team of about 130 people who support our clients.
Our name, Alliance Hospice, reflects our philosophy of care and the priority that we place on providing seamless integrated service through partnerships and collaborations with our health care partners. Our motto "Partners in Care" emphasizes how we view our role with our clients, their families, our community partners, and our professional partners.
Alliance Hospice is dedicated to supporting people dealing with advanced illness, death, and bereavement. In the client’s home and community, our volunteers and staff provide practical, emotional, and spiritual support in collaboration with family caregivers, health care providers, and community support agencies.
Compassion and a commitment to service for our clients, clarity of purpose for the agency, adaptability to meet changing needs, inclusiveness in all whom we serve and in all that we do, and leadership and excellence in hospice care
Our Guiding Principles
- We respect the intrinsic value of individuals and their right to define
their quality of life.
- We provide compassionate service, offering all clients equal access.
- Our service upholds the dignity and integrity of clients and their loved
- We are committed to continuous learning and quality improvement in all
- Collaboration is a key element in how we develop and deliver services.
- We take the lead in service innovation and view challenges as opportunities.
- We proactively engage the changing health care environment and embrace service integration to improve the client experience.